Extended Thompson SMG Family

It’s been a while since I’ve made a post showcasing rare variants of selected firearms. Here we have the thompson variants

RSAF M1 Suppressed | Chambered : .45 ACP | Firing Modes : Full-Auto

M1927 Semi Auto carbine | Chambered : .45 ACP | Firing Modes : Semi-Auto

M1927 with 50 round magazine | Chambered : .45 ACP | Firing Modes : Full-Auto

M1921 with 100 round magazine | Chambered : .45 ACP | Firing Modes : Full-Auto

M1923 Peters-Thompson | Chambered : Peters 45 Auto-Shot Riot cartridge | Firing Modes : Straight pull

M1923 | Chambered : .45-Remington | Firing Modes : Full-Auto

M1923 (French Export) Heavy | Chambered : .45-Remington | Firing Modes : Full-Auto

M1923 (Chinese Export) Heavy | Chambered : 7.63x25mm | Firing Modes : Full-Auto

BSA M1926 | Chambered : 9x19 Parabellum | Firing Modes : Full-Auto

BSA M1929 Model 1 | Chambered : 9x19 Parabellum | Firing Modes : Full-Auto

.30-06 Thompson | Chambered : .30-06 | Firing Modes : Full-Auto

M1944 Thompson Hyde Carbine | Chambered : .30 Carbine | Firing Modes : Full-Auto

M21 (Chinese Conversion) | Chambered : 7.62×25mm Tokarev | Firing Modes : Full-Auto

Thompson T2 | Chambered : .45 ACP | Firing Modes : Full-Auto

M1919 Thompson with Warner-Swasey scope | Chambered : .45 ACP | Firing Modes : Full-Auto

M1928A1 with “Straight” stock | Chambered : .45 ACP | Firing Modes : Full-Auto

20 Likes

Being able to equip these semi-auto thompsons on riflemen and such would be awesome. Finally, squads 100% equipped with thompsons.

3 Likes

All good and all except this most of the conversion to 7.62 ammo came after the war since PLA lacked enough weapons to arm everybody and even with the war over they still had a civil war going and this is one of those weapons modified after the war (They did the same to sten they converted it to 7.62 after the war)
but if you truly want a Chinese Converted SMG
There is chinese copy of M1921 Thompson looks funky(Taiyuan Arsenal Thompson in .45 ACP)

And M1923 cambered for 7.63 Mauser(Chongqinng Arsenal Thompson in 7.63mm Mauser)

These were used during the Central plains war in which nationalist captured 1200 of them from warlords also communist captured some in mid 30s and gave them to their elite troops

8 Likes

15121363-tfb1
One of the more cursed Thompsons I have seen is this one on the left, is a photo taken by Harrison Forman in China (1944). The stock seems to be modified with an M1 carbine stock.

1 Like

After a quick research yeah thats indeed a Thompson but a wierd one
its chambered in 7.63 muaser
Its name is Sichuan Type submachine gun and was made during either 30s or early 40sat workshops in Chongqing, then part of the Sichuan province hence the name and yes some were used in second-sino-Japanese war and is in fact largely a copy of M1921

2 Likes

I would love to have this as a GO weapon for Japan, unless we get Chinese faction, though that might not happen, Chinese players themselves said that politics make that difficult.

1 Like

Yeah why not I also want Chinese semi-automatics as GO(More like in the tech tree but thats too far fetched)
general liu rifle

And The Type Hua Quick Step Autorifle(This one has no photo only an image wich imagines what it would have looked like)(Apparently they found about the rifle in 1974 when they were checking old warehouse and did find the rifle laying around but no one took a photo)

Artistic Representation

Its 10 round short recoil rifle according to description given by the people who found it

2 Likes

A rare weapon with little to no information on it? Peak BattlePass GO weapon.

2 Likes

On the one hand, I love these Thompson variants, but on the other hand, I feel like I’m overdosing on all these Thompson variants.

1 Like

Oh man! That is one ugly little piggy!

M1923, 100 rounds

2 Likes