Enlisted simplification

I suggest we do this

7 Likes

Personally, I also think Enlisted should eventually expand into the BR 5-7 range, introducing Cold War conflicts like a Korean map featuring the USSR vs the US.
However, that’s likely a long way off. Before that, they should introduce new battlefields, for Japan vs USSR with battles such as Khalkhin Gol or the Manchurian campaign

12 Likes

Moving out: :dromedary_camel::dromedary_camel::dromedary_camel:

4 Likes

I think you need to look up the definition of “simplification.” :thinking:

13 Likes

If we were moving into Cold-War campaigns I’d split the game into “NATO” and “Warsaw Pact” factions after BR5. The nomenclature may not be exact, but for the purposes of the game it makes sense for weapon research.

“NATO” is essentially a continuation of the Allies (US, UK, France, etc.)

Warsaw Pact is a continuation of the USSR (Soviets & Friends).

Germany and Japan feed into both (or are just dead ends).

3 campaigns; Korea, Vietnam, Afghanistan. The Warsaw and NATO factions fight each other in each of these campaigns. Each have cosmetics appropriate to the period and location for both sides (eg. In Vietnam, Warsaw would play as the North Vietnamese, and NATO would play as South Vietnamese, America, and others)

With all that said… I think there’s still a lot of history to explore from WW2.

4 Likes

It’d be super difficult to figure out who’s the bad guy in Afghanistan. I mean your choices are the British and Emirate of Kabul. Which side do you root for here?
Oh, wrong Afghanistan? Alright then your choices are Soviet Union and Mujahideen
STILL wrong Afghanistan? HOW MANY INVASION OF AFGHANISTAN HAVE THERE BEEN?!

6 Likes

It’s called the Graveyard of Empires for a reason…

8 Likes

Thank you for your post.

Interesting ideas.

I previously did a post on the Korean War.

Im curious why people are so against the Korean War yet very ironically seemingly open to “modern” conflicts like Vietnam onwards?

I believe we are all in agreement that there’s heaps of stuff from the Second World War that needs to be done first.

Postwar, Ive always argued we should get the Korean War, maybe the Malayan Emergency but thats it. (P.S First Indochina War also a possibility see later comments)

Some people get caught up in the fact the Korean War was 1950-1953. But as myself and others have argued, almost everything in the Korean War was WWII era tech. Indeed according to the book The Diggers of Kapyong, American and Australian units were in some cases literally wearing boots from WWII and using guns that had been used in WWII.
Malaya similar thing.

I encourage you to read my post on the Korean War where I go into detail about this. There’s a couple weapons here and there like the M20 Superbazooka (the Aussies got them before the U.S Army!) but like 95% of weapons are already in game. Likewise tanks (and almost all of the tanks not in game were also from WWII).
I covered how I would deal with jets.

Thing with conflicts after that is there were less and less WWII era weapons and a change in warfare. Vietnam for example w’ed need helicopters to be both APCs and armed aircraft in the one slot.

Vietnam we had M113s (APC), Centurion tanks (tank slot), F4 Phantom, AC 47 ‘Spooky’ (aircraft).
Huey helicopters are as Ive said mobile rallypoints, personal carriers but are also armed flying machines so where do we put them? We cant have a Vietnam game without Huey helicopters.

So I believe Enlisted should be split into two games: WWII to Korea (current Enlisted), and then Vietnam onwards (Enlisted 2, Cold War).

Id be interested in thoughts on First Indochina War (French VS Vietnamese) since this was 1946-1954. Looking at a website in passing seems to be all WWII weapons against except the AK47. There are various French weapons of course that would need to be added, ideally we would have a French faction by the time we potentially get a First Indochina War.

I like the idea of the UN or NATO vs USSR (and allies) or Warsaw Pact.

With Korea I argued it would be a high rank map possibility for USA, UK + Commonwealth, USSR and Japan.
More specifically, ROK squads would appear under USA tree (since they used American weapons).
PRC troops would be squads under USSR since they largely used Soviet weapons. And North Korean squads would appear under Japan since they often had WWII era Japanese weapons.
I am aware by that time Japan was a U.S ally however I think it would just be easier since Japan and USA are already queued to fight each other plus the use of Japanese weapons as I mentioned.

1 Like

no, we stop at WW2

5 Likes

No, i hope we go farther with campaigns for wars:

1 Like

Everything started long time ago in the 1500bce, the land get invaded and conquered by other powers from then, you have a long list of empire claiming that land as theirs

2 Likes

I read in a book on the Afghanistan War (2001-2020) published recently how Afghanis speak of the Soviet invasion, how their great great grandfathers fought the British, AND will point to a ruined fort where they held off Alexander the Great in such and such BC.

2 Likes

simplification today = make things more complicated :rofl:

3 Likes

This should never happen

3 Likes

I advice you to spend some time on text formating. Different letter sizes, colors, fonts, spacing, etc makes it hard to read sometimes.

2 Likes

will happen in future if enlisted survives

1 Like

I know. Just a funny thing to point out sometimes since everyone in my generation only knows the invasion that just ended

1 Like

And then you go with a killer:
“show me Afganistan on the map”

2 Likes

Pfft right? Everyone wants to have their opinions on a war they don’t even know where it happened

3 Likes

I know only because I needed to conquer it in Vic3 for some silk, dye and opium lol

2 Likes