Engineer built Machine Guns

There have been many times I wanted to play with a British or Italian engineer squad, but they are both Engineer I squads, which means they do not have the luxury of building a machine gun emplacement, and I would like to see this changed. What I propose is that all engineer squads be able to build machine gun emplacements.

Tier I engineer squads will be able to build old and outdated machine guns (cooling system, fire rate, etc.) while Tier II engineer squads will be able to build the modern machine guns of WW2.

Examples

British:

Spoiler

American:

Spoiler

Soviets:

Spoiler

Italians:

Spoiler
  • Tier 1 Engineers- Fiat–Revelli Modello 1914

• Tier 2 Engineers- Fiat–Revelli Modello 1935

Germans:

Spoiler

Japanese:

Spoiler
20 Likes

I like idea
Seems harmless, but asif DF will add it to the tier 1, already in tree.
I mean they could add Medics too, but they never have.
I am all for it, then i could just run all Engineers :stuck_out_tongue:
But only run the tier 2 ones, because of above.

4 Likes

Whether you want historical accuracy or just want the best you can get, you will always walk home with a win.

2 Likes

On the inside i do!, till we loose anyway :stuck_out_tongue:

Now i would run them, if they could build nests, simple as that, if they cant, they useless to me, even though, i spent real money on lvling them, back when i started. :cry:

2 Likes

I did a similar project before.

1 Like

I still don’t understand why there isn’t a buildable 40mm Bofors AA gun in this game yet. Very disappointing since CAS spam is a real issue.

3 Likes

Well AA should be like the MG Nest 1-2 idea in spoilers, with Engineers 1-2 being able to build better AA, and diff MG nests :smile:

1 Like

or make all engineer squads able to build gun emplacement and separate them by BR

3 Likes

Would be nice to have similar thing with AT guns. US are stuck with the 57mm gun and Japanese with the even worse 47mm gun while both Germany and Soviet can enjoy the 75mm Pak 40 even at low BR.

This used to be better before the merge as the Japanese did not had to fight Shermans, while the germans could only use Pak 38 when against the US and we even had a 45 mm soviet gun in moscow and Stalingrad.

2 Likes