Do the devs listen to our suggestions? I doubt it

What everyone wants is for guns to stop taking up 50% of the screen when aiming.

6 Likes

I just seen topic, went to bottom to reply

I would say NO, on the basis, that we are, where we are.

2 Likes

They will see, the vast majority of developers will see forums, so they are definitely aware of player complaints and suggestions.

But they have their own ideas, and these ideas have a much higher priority than the player’s suggestions. Unless it is something that most people are complaining about, they will seriously consider making changes. Of course, they may still think that they are right after careful consideration and refuse to make changes.

This is usually the reason why developers and players do not trust each other, because developers usually do not tell players what they are thinking and believe that their ideas are better for the game because players do not understand the game as they do.

3 Likes

Don’t forget the bipods as well. And also tail gunners of certain aircrafts.

5 Likes

The developers certainly read and listen to the suggestions but whether they then have the desire to implement them is another story and I’m not even talking about content but also just bug fixes and improvements to the game.
The game needs players (and money) and Steam is the only realistic solution but in these conditions it would just be yet another failure, a major update would be needed consisting only of fixes and improvements to make it presentable

3 Likes

Putting this game in steam without the necessary bug fixes will only make sure this game is dead. I think you know steam players don’t like buggy mess of a game. They will review bomb it to oblivion.

5 Likes

You are over exaggerating. Steam players literally choose Stanfield for the game with the most innovative gameplay, lmao.

When in fact it is just loading simulator between Fallout 3 maps.

It is still f2p game so most casual would try it just because of that simple fact.

1 Like

Have you seen the reviews. Negative. And starfield is the most mediocre Bethesda game ever. And as for enlisted I wouldn’t call it casual. The amount of try hards I have seen since the merge. But still games from bugthesda gets a pass because bugthesda. But people doesn’t show mercy to little companies.

3 Likes

Seems like reviews are pretty much irrelevant if the game won award in steam awards and sold so many copies. :yawning_face:

And I definitely do not like Starfield, I am not its advocate. I haven’t even played it.

If anyone says they like starfield the only thing I can say to them is they never played any video games ever in their life.

2 Likes

Yep! That’s exactly it. Majority of modern AAA games are made for casuals on consoles. Not gamers on PC.

A brace yourself, it will be even worse in future. New meta will become mobile gaming.

It is slowly happening, diablo, Warcraft…

That’s why reviews on internet means nothing. The games are targeting completely clueless people. Such type of people do not even bother to study some review percentage.
That’s thing only old school gamers do = irrelevant minority.

Btw. Casuals really loves stuff that’s for free.

1 Like

Not going to argue with that. But I think you know gaijin. I can only imagine the reaction of gaijin if darkflow released this half baked game on steam and got a mostly negative review.

2 Likes

Oh, wait a moment… I completely forgot. War thunder is already on mobile too.

Wouldn’t really mean much, especially since WT already experienced review bombing as well. And they dealt with it quite easily in a relatively short period of time.

I will say gaijin quickly promised the fixes instead of holding Thier ground. But do you remember when gaijin first released war thunder they were charging 30% more than the original price because they had to give steam 30% of their revenue.

I don’t, I wasn’t interested in WT back then.

Gaijin went back to the normal price due to legal threats.

2 Likes

Darkflow sifts through all the shite gurgled onto the forum and picks out what they think will work in game and implement it months down the line, unless its something simple like an additional UI option or the like
They do read it
They do listen to it
Just up to them to decide if its worth using ir not
I mean have you SEEN some of the stuff suggested?
:joy:

5 Likes

They don’t think fixing gun sights in the game to make them usable is worth it or not?

6 Likes

Well they hire out for that and we know Gaijin isn’t awash with cash because they’re just a small family company, sorry friend

2 Likes

What do you mean by hire out?

1 Like