Custom squad editor

To make a huge QOL for modders, we could use a program similar to the role of editor with a UI similar to the starting lobby of enlisted to create custom squads, personnalise vehicles, create uniform pathern and create soldiers. And when we finish to create the profil for a mod, we select the format for custom entities.

11 Likes

If they fixed how user profiles work in the editor, it would be easier.

1 Like

definitely needed.

1 Like

As of now is there any way to make custom squads for a modded level? Let’s say I wanted Americans versus Japanese and I wanted everyone to use bolt action. Is there any way to set that up yet?

Yes

1 Like

Most of what I was able to use there is all way later in the post. All of the links on that page to try and get to where I start making custom profiles are just simple links that lead me right back to the Forum home page. Are these custom profiles allowed in modded matches? Or are they only allowed in local games like they used to be?

yes

those do work now.

but performance of your mission will decrease by using custom profiles.
because those are not really optimized ( only if you have a custom made map with at least 5k more rendinsts )

And do I make custom profiles in the mission editor? By changing the base Soldier parameters? Or do I make custom profiles by adding a JSON file and editing the text file?

do I make custom profiles by adding a JSON file and editing the text file?

Yes.

Will they show up when I’m testing everything in the mod editor? Or do I have to upload the mod and start it in game to see if everything works?

:point_up:

have fun.

I’ve uploaded mods before and played with them and worked with them but my goodness. You have to have an open test mod server at all times so that you can just go back and forth to check and see if any of this works? That’s rough

yes.

has been like this since the introduction of the editor.

1.5/2 years.

a helper said that they were working on it, but " technical issues".

Hats off to all of you people out there doing the Dirty Work and digging in all the files and helping out all the noobs like myself. It really means the most!

1 Like