Custom Profiles - Another look (Guide)

aren’t there any other methods?

because it kinda screws with cameras of vehicles.

You could try using other cameras defined in cameras.blk

cameras.txt (15.4 KB)

2 Likes

luckily for me, adding cameraType:t="gunner" to the driver seat fixed the issue.

( still have to test it in multiplayer. i’ll be honest. but it’s gonna be a while before i’ll can actually test. and even if i do, my mission it’s going to be local. which will have the least type of issue i believe )

1 Like

I’ll test it myself, since I was the one who originally started this discussion about the motorized squads.

i dont understand this

how do i apply perks to every infantry? no matter what, you spawn, you have x perk now with your soldier, yknow, like how it is in the actual game? how do i do that??, do i just put the perk code in entities.blk?, i need a proper tutorial

This is a proper tutorial. It’s a you problem. Again.

1 Like

ur right, im just a blind dumbass lmao

how do i export mod as vromfs.bin? the ONLY option is to export it as zip, nothing else, and yes, ive tried to use server_whatever is called.vfroms.bin or whatever is called, didnt work at all.

also where the hell do i get to the text editor that has everything about the factions?
which is under this text:

You will have to edit this in a text editor. Not in the actual game editor.

You can imagine this profile file as a rather deep tree structure, where the top nodes are the factions themselves:

Use notepad++

well you just named the hardest part - you dont. It does not in fact exist, not even in our dreams. Thats why it is so hard to learn custom_profiles

It’s been so long since this guide was written i have no idea what you guys are missing.

I must have meant the profiles located in Datamine\sqcommon.vromfs.bin_u\enl\globals\data

but its not a text file we can read. Can you suggest a program for us to use?

JSON is not a plain TXT, but can be still opened with regulat notepad.

I suggest Notepad++

1 Like

Wait where is datamine, i thought it is inside a bin file

…Datamine is the root folder you download from my other forum post.

1 Like

ur right, but what app are u using to display such code, with the color and stuff?, because i use notepad, which obv doesnt have that, also, the text is a little croweded

^ this is bots_profile_ardennes_allies.nut ^

well i did find sea_predator_profile.json which looks a lot better:

1 Like

Congratulations, you found the regular sea predator profile.

3 Likes