Custom Profiles - Another look (Guide)

@Enginya

custom_profile.json.txt (23.0 KB)

I may have encountered a similar problem, unable to load custom_profile through the ugm directory in the editor for debugging

This is the file.

The same file can be loaded in the server game, but not in the editor

The error message is validateArmies: armies is absent

But my main request as a mod maker is not to just fix this problem alone.

I hope to have a feature that can patch/prepend/append new preset squads for players based on their factions.

example image

1 Like

We have talked with this with @ErikaKalkbrenner and it was a semantic error.

What is this?
kép

Did you figure out custom localization for mods? Or you are using in-game loc?

Why are there underscores before these?

kép

It looks like this for me, and there is no faction line:

kép

From which profile did you start working from? Or are you trying to do the mixed squad thing?

2 Likes

Just some marker. I use a script to generate this profile

I want to seems i can’t

Yet Can I load ugm custom_profile in editor?

I use a script to generate this profile

Okay. Can’t help you there. It’s your job to make sure the script works right.

I want to seems i can’t

I’m almost sure the profile has strict format, you cannot add or remove objects.

Yet Can I load ugm custom_profile in editor?

Custom Profiles don’t work in the editor.

1 Like

i created a custom profile for lone fighters mod but the problem is that it always spawn full squad insted of one soldier. how to fix it?

Local mode is broken, it will deploy whole squad even if you launch it in lone fighters mode. Otherwise, don’t forget to upload mod as lone fighter and it should work.

2 Likes

I feel like I’ve read and read this over and over and still I’m not understanding where I get the json file. There’s the sample mission on the very top with a mechanized unit but I’m looking for Infantry. I want both sides to be running a very specific load out. I don’t care much about clothing, just want all the guns the same. Like three squads available on each team.

Sample mission has a vehicle too if i remember correctly.

These profiles are probably made with an internal tool, it was never meant to be edited manually. Thats why it may seem difficult to understand the structure first.

Who can do it, please check the profile
lb_event_bots_profile_1.json.txt (296.1 KB)

Well I have C++ now and been playing around with a couple more features but the only thing I really need that I’m not understanding is how to make squads for the Mission I’m making. I don’t want people to bring in their personal Squad, I want there to be three set squads on each team.

I’m not understanding is how to make squads for the Mission I’m making.

The process of this is detailed in the guide?

How i do it is i have the editor and the game open simultaneously. Search the solider’s name by squad and edit their weaponary.

How is C++ relevant here? We are editing a JSON file. You want to write a C++ that can edit these profiles? If yes then i’m will be watching you with great interest :slight_smile:

1 Like

Who can do it, please check the profile

What does need checking?

Older profiles made before merge needs fixing:

1 Like

If I’m missing it can you please highlight where the thread starts with modifying profiles? The first post here is you saying that everything is outdated and this is a new thread to start and then other people start talking about changing appearance. And a lot of what I was reading was changing textures and clothing but I haven’t read anything on how to start that process. Like how do I even get to the point where I’m looking at someone’s clothes and I can change them? Also, I was mentioning C++ not because I know how to code but because it was something I didn’t have before and I was changing everything with notepad. It was after reading some of your other guides I downloaded C++ to make everything easier and more visual.

Should I just take something like the sea Predator profile and customize everything from there?

Should I just take something like the sea Predator profile and customize everything from there?

Definetly. You won’t make a profile from scratch.

1 Like

Okay I’ll keep trying. Thanks for all your help. I hate to keep bugging you guys on the Forum as well as making the thread longer than it needs to be. It would definitely be easier to talk to somebody about this rather than chatting online. I’m not a very quick learner this way.

Do you know how to give medals to fighters?

Nope.

1 Like

that’s an interesting question.

maybe @Devenddar might know the answer.

1 Like

It most likely has to do with the "heroTpl" : " " property

I’ll do some research

1 Like