Carousel of Drama lol

Absolute goons, not only do you not realize that this change is in NO WAY gonna make the players pick the other underused squad types - because you can still pick two Assaulters and one other meta squad

but actually for example in my case its gonna make me never play as sniper anymore - because if I get forced after every second squad wipe to not play the role, I will completely forget about it altogether.

In my special case its actually even gonna make me play more Meta squads.

Not really worried about assaulters. More annoyed with people cycling flametroopers, tanks, planes, paras, etc.

See, that’s not being forced. That’s a conscious choice that you’re making. You’re choosing not to play as sniper.

I don’t think I’ve ever brought more than one of any squad type playing the game. It’s really not that difficult or a big deal.

2 Likes

To you it doesn’t matter because it doesn’t effect your playstyle, but for me it does, since Moscow CBT I have allways picked 3 of the same squad type. This change is gonna be complete horrible for me, while not even fixing spamming or Meta at all.

And here i sit, deeply confused, as a player with max campaign level of 12, having ONLY one squad per type per campaign (yet).

I mean, you need to progress in a campaign until you get assaulters 3 to “cycle through” the same type of squad, right? thats what, like campaign level 30? (or buy a prem assaulter squad, but that will still be possible)

so how could you all play before reaching that stage? wasn’t that totally unbearable then?

i don’t want that to sound offensive, so: rhetoric question, sorry, i just cannot understand you guys … shrug

4 Likes

Sorry. Not buying it.

I don’t see how bringing one less squad type per game (of the 14 squad types you can bring) is completely horrible. Especially when there’s still ways you can circumvent it if you really want to. It’s a trivial thing to be upset about, to be brutally honest.

But you do you.

Yeah pretty much. There’s a minority of players who always play in team-stacks with their friends, and they hardly ever lose. And at the same time, many of them are also using the premium-xp pass.

Between the two, there are players who are able to grind out a campaign much faster than someone who’s a solo-player, and is at the mercy of random teammmates that are more often bots or incompetent players (thus making XP/victories more difficult to earn).

For myself, I’m a solo player and have maxed out Normandy (both factions), Moscow (both factions), Berlin (axis), Tunisia (Axis), and am halfway done with Stalingrad (axis).

When I first started playing, I bought the premium XP pass for awhile. Which helped speed up campaign progression significantly. But even then, it still takes like 200+ completed matches to max out any given faction for whichever campaign you’re focused on.

And for players who choose not to buy the premium xp pass, they can expect to play 400-500 matches before they can ever expect to max out a single-faction for one-campaign.

In the meanwhile, yes, the grind and slaughter is pretty brutal. (At least until you level up a bit, and get a hang of learning out to manage your squad for higher survivability).

Ever since the introduction of paratroopers, the game quality has been spiraling out of control. And while new players are matched up against veteran players and whales who are 3-cycling paratroopers/assaulters/flametroopers… it makes the game even more difficult for anybody who’s a brand new and/or intermediate player.

Likewise. Since I’ve only bought a few extra squad slots for Normandy and Moscow, I’m pretty limited on my options for whichever squads I want to bring to battle. Usually I run an engineer squad, an assaulter squad, and either a sniper/MG/ or flame squad (depending on the campaign, and what I feel like using)

Usually in Normandy I have a flamethrower squad primarily to deal with Paratrooper spamming.

I use the engineer (in all squads) more than any other soldier-class.

Just bring a Machine Gun squad… You get three machine gunners, and can have two engineers that have the ability to construct heavy machine guns.

Some people might argue that Machine Gunners are better than assaulter, entirely because they can be used for Zerg-rushing, as players are not affected by weapon/ammo encumbrance.

i mean, yeah, i know you can pretty much halve the grind with prem, etc. but you will still need to play a significant number of battles to reach the point of being able to “cycle” through 3 of the same squads. and you play that significant number of battles without 3 of the same squad. “grind and slaughter” or not :smiley:

my words did not convey the level of sarcasm i wanted to induce into that sencence you quoted :expressionless:

as for myself, i am still a noob in this game, running around solo with mostly bolt actions, but i am having fun nontheless, so i do not mind that grind.

2 Likes

I personally Dont Bring more than one of each squad anyway (unless its a rifle squad…sometimes I bring 3 of those for Bolt action giggles…Or maybe 2 tanks: 1 anti infantry, 1 anti tank)

I like to be flexible and have a squad available for all situations, and they all do something well or a situation that they can exploit. (except maybe sniper squad, Radio squad with sniper much better)

Its fun picking the right squad for the right job, depending on whats happening on the battlefield.

I feel like just cycling one class is pretty boring or broken.

1 Like