Can we have a basic weapons game?

I really enjoyed playing the game more when it was just basic bolt action rifles, and early machine guns. The further you go into the game the more ‘technology’ is introduced. I actively seek games where no one uses tanks or planes or machine gun nests and find the battles way more fun. Is their a chance we can have an ‘no vehicles’ opsion?

5 Likes

Play the lowest br when the merge hits. There will be only bolties, bad smgs, and light tanks

4 Likes

Kind of defeats the purpose of playing online then?
Surely i am not the only one that is sick of spawning and having two tanks sitting outside the play zone, and plans bombing the christ out of everything. I am sure the players getting 100 kills a game while not moving is some how having fun, but i just quit. Thats not fun at all.

1 Like

Dont take it too seriously, I was just joking.

This guy is right, your only option now is to wait for merge.

(Edit: thanks for reporting jokes, I do appreciate it.)

3 Likes

Yes, there are many such gamemodes in the current custom mode~

For example

1 Like

so, what you are looking for, it’s mostly in mods:

https://sandbox.enlisted.net/feed/all/

but, most of them, allows tanks and what not.

your second option, would be custom games.

but in both cases, you will either face tanks, ( unless you play against bots or the mod specifically removes tanks like mines, even though, you can’t play mines because i did not released them yet for various issues ) and, you will not earn practically anything.

as, in mods, there’s no experience count.

in customs, unless you are against 10 players, you will earn at best, 360 < 1000 xps.

which,
official pves would be nice.

but… those are no where in sight.

2 Likes

The good news is that the official Halloween PVE Zombie Defense event is underway.

Possibly the bad news is, it’s been around for a long time!

yep.

has been sitting there for ages.

but, i wouldn’t want that to be honest.

that’s the lowest type of pve one can offer.

just boring and somewhat repetitive

if devs would allow me to make one example, i could end this shit. reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

( zombies, yes. " tower " defense, eh… not so much )

1 Like

Not gonna happen, you know why we still don’t have interior of Reichstag and Berlin metro map or some map with Silos or bigger castles or even underground bunkers with tons of tunnels? Because they want all maps to be playable with Vehicles, they don’t want those players to leave and go back to play War Thunder or any other game, they don’t want to make people mad that paid for premium vehicles too. Gaijin is now actively advertising Enlisted more than any of their games they see it as the next big thing for the company, their ads also focus on mixed warfare. Even on their website Enlisted has more exposure than War Thunder. So yeah infantry only mode is quite unlikely because it’s not their focus as the game. Want only basic weapons then play mods like a lot of people mentioned before me.

1 Like

Why do people act like bolt action rifles are useless. Why do people treat them like noob weapons

Nobody does but okay.

1 Like

The guy who made this thread seems to think so

Wut? No, he loves them.

Yes but

It’s supposed to be a WW2 sandbox shooter. Every piece has its place. Bolt actions, smgs, assault rifles, heavy tanks, light tanks, planes, etc

1 Like

I actually use them all the time. Not sure what makes you think that.

1 Like

Perhaps it’s just a misunderstanding or difference in perspectives, when you said you prefer battles without tanks, planes, machine gun nests, etc I thought you were trying to say that you don’t think bolt actions are up the chops or can’t compete which is why you’d want a bare bones mode

But that also often means curbstomping absolutely fresh players, which kinda feels bad