Bring HE AMMO!

Again, the Type 91 machine gun hopper fits 45 rounds. 50 and 60 are nonsense.
We went over this before.

Ha-go and other japanese 37mms had more explosives in their HE so they should deal slightly more splash damage compared to american ones

I was going say it…but welp

And I told you its possible but its up to the devs if you can disapprove their sources and tell them why they are wrong … after all its Gaijin source not mine

splash radius damage is between 0.22m to 0.8m for US 37mm. little more explosives wont make some difference unless soldiers are literally on top of each other.

Well why not, even s##t tanks like the 37 mm panzer have HE or the m5a1 so yes why not?

1 Like

Why the hell is it so low? surely it’s not that low in real life?

think that all HE are nerfed in the game. also HE has blast radius and fragmentation radius. this is blast radius which is sure kill, while fragmentation radius is 2.31m for US 37mm which is RNG.

btw comparing this to 75mm which has blast radius of 0.19-3m, with 15.3m fragmentation radius.

Frag radius on 37 definitely needs increased/ I know for a fact that shrapnel is traveling farther.

However, could there have been modifications with a larger capacity hopper? For example, there is evidence of a Type 3 with a 60-charge hopper:
a2-tip-3-s-prisposobleniem-dlya-magazinnogo-pitaniya-iz-vintovochnyh-oboym

The Type 3 and Type 11 use the same cartridge. Also in the Type 11 it was possible to remove the hopper quite easily, I can assume that in the Type 3 shown above it was possible to remove the hopper in the same way. I mean, the same hopper could possibly have been put on the Type 91, perhaps to test the operation of the larger capacity hopper, it could have originally been tested on the Type 11 or Type 91.

I can do you one better than the picture, this gun is mentioned in a book I own.
Translation notes in [square brackets].

Modified Type 3 Magazine Machine Gun

In December 1924, the Tokyo Arsenal completed a prototype of the modified Type 3 magazine machine gun. The gun’s feature was that it could be used with cartridges loaded in rifle clips, making it easier to replenish ammunition. In other words, the loading method of the Type 11 light machine gun was applied to the Type 3 machine gun.

In order to determine whether it would be suitable for use on the battlefield, practical tests were first commissioned to the Infantry School and then the Cavalry School, and the results were used to make a comprehensive judgment. The Infantry School conducted research on the gun’s operation, firing rate, accuracy, and ammunition replenishment from November to December 1924, and the Cavalry School conducted research from January to February the following year.
When the modified Type 3 was used, it had the advantage of being able to use the same ammunition as rifles and light machine guns, but the disadvantage of requiring specialized personnel near the position to load empty ammunition boxes [the hopper?].
To avoid having extra personnel, it would be possible to prepare a large number of bullet boxes, but this would go against the intended purpose of using the rifle cartridges available, and it would be troublesome to change positions. In addition, it is a tactical advantage that the gunner can load the cartridge himself, so there is no need to have a loader on the gun side, but with the adoption of light machine guns, heavy machine guns tend to be used more and more in the rear, so this advantage is also decreasing in effectiveness.

In summary, it was determined that the modified Type 3 magazine machine gun was not practical and would instead bring various disadvantages, and research was discontinued.

Text source: Translated from “Introduction to Rifles, Handguns, and Machine Guns: A Thorough Study of Japanese Small Arms”(小銃・拳銃・機関銃入門―日本の小火器徹底研究) by Sayama Jiro(佐山二郞) pg. 270/271.

It wasn’t. The research was discontinued before they worked on the Type 91.
Sayama also talks about the development of the Type 91 machine gun in this and another book of his I own and there’s no mention of a larger capacity hopper being tested.

There’s also no evidence I’ve seen that the hopper would attach in the same way to the Modified Type 3 Magazine Machine Gun like it did to the Type 11, sure its also a hopper but the guns themselve are different.

And its unknown if the Type 3 was modified to fit the hopper or if a hopper was made to fit the Type 3 with minor modification to the gun itself.

Image source: Also “Introduction to Rifles, Handguns, and Machine Guns: A Thorough Study of Japanese Small Arms”(小銃・拳銃・機関銃入門―日本の小火器徹底研究) by Sayama Jiro(佐山二郞) pg. 264(Type 3) & 306(Type 11).

2 Likes

Thank you very much for the information.

1 Like

beautiful