Beretta M1918 prototype

The Beretta M1918 is bad ass gun but has a terrible site with the Mag sticking straight up. So, can the Beretta M1918 prototype be added to the game? Same gun with the same ROF without the gay top mounted magazine. Keep it at the same level 2. If you added this, every one of my MP40’s will be locked up in my gun safe :blush:. So DEV’s remember…top mount mag “GAY”…bottom mount Mag “COOL”. :wink:

15 Likes

one word: beautiful

4 Likes

If this is the 1918/30 is already in the game as gold order semi auto carabine

3 Likes

No this is the other one with top fed mag Italians just switched the receiver on this one and made it bottom fed though when Bullet cases were ejecting, they went upward and blocked the line of sight that’s why they went with the top fed mag also 1918/30 had a automatic model they just adjusted the receiver to allow it to fire automatically so if devs want they can add that also there was the modernized variant of that model known as ultra-light SMG

3 Likes

And the top fed mag didn’t block the line of sight?

It did not cases were ejecting from bottom of the weapons in the top fed variant also on the bottom fed one there was a chance that Hot cases ejecting upward could cause injuries to the user also if you are asking for if the top fed didn’t block the sight of the weapon not necessarily real life is different to the game most likely they did not find the top fed mag disturbing also top fed mag had its sights move to other side of the mag so mag would not disturb the user while in the case of the bottom fed you can’t stop Bullet cases from disturbing the line of sight

Isnt there a premium squad with that weapon? I am sure I have seen it before

Nah, that’s premium squad with classic TT version.

click here

that is the point top mounted are weaker as they block site
if you want the bottom mounted mag at BR2 the top mounted needs to be BR1
It is like the fools who want bigger mags or higher rate of fire or more damage
improving a gun means it is stronger
that means it needs to be a higher BR

1 Like

I support this idea. Other commenters have made valid points though, the terrible sights make it less OP for lower BR.

My first thought was BR III but I reckon thats too high. Whether BR II is too low? I dont know. It’s a hard one.
In my mind its sort of in between or like a ‘high BR II’.

Perhaps BR II but slow the ROF a bit so its not quite as OP?

1 Like

With good sights, I would compare it more to the UD42 and the PPS43 which are both level 2 weapons. SO, this would give the Allies, Russians and Germans all a fairly quality high rate of fire level 2 weapon. I wouldn’t have a problem if they drop it’s maxed 1,040 ROF to the UD42 and PPS43 ROF which I believe are 800 or 900.

My guess is if DF would actually incorporate this gun, they would probably turn it either into a BP weapon or a premium squad. Being a prototype weapon probably means no chance DF would put it into the tech tree.

2 Likes

we have tons of prototype weapons in TT so there is a chance we see it in TT

3 Likes

Ppd 34 and pps 43 are in br 1-2 so bottom fed beretta in br 2 is reasonable

3 Likes

Does anyone use the beretta M1918 ? :rofl:

I use it in some squads and at short range it’s a bad ass gun. Granted, the view sucks through the gunsights till you get used to it, and it blows through the 25 round clip very fast. But it kills in half the time it takes to kill someone with an MP 40 or M1 Beretta. :wink: Of course, the ROF is almost double that of the MP40 and M1 too.

1 Like

well i started to like it
im more curious about the gun now
the sights are in the correct side ? :smirk:

we need italy as a separate faction full of italian toys :laughing: