After the Merge lock post-war weapons to a separate BR

I know the battle of Berlin.

Why would I argue about campaigns/battles I don’t know much about?

Pls this is too much strawman.

Berlin is top BR, that’s why post-war stuff easily can be Berlin+1 BR.

You can still use AR-44, don’t worry.

1 Like

In War Thunder, late WWII tanks fight post war tanks and their BRs were never separated. We can see King Tigers fight against a BMP-1 there.

1 Like

Personally I think all this BR is convoluted. Look at all the different Premium and Gold weapons, how are they going to balance them all into this new “meta”

And that’s exactly why I don’t play WT.

King Tiger vs BMP or VG-2 in Moscow / Panther in Stalingrad is barf inducing for me.

1 Like

then what would the sell you, no one is going to pay for weapons they can only use with other pay pigs,
this is not a realistic game, full stop if it was almost every soldier would have a bolt action or semi auto rifle,
so stop trying to be such a purist this is already a fantasy game, every soldier can be a crack shot, carry a mountain of weapons and run across the map.

I agree, but one question, how do we treat different levels of “prototype”, do unicorn equipment that technically wasn’t a prototype get the same treatment?

Because we may have a specific faction very affected by this if it works this way and other factions would be disproportionately affected by the other option in comparison.

To build on this point, does it actually have to be used there, or does it simply have to be accepted into service? Because Japan has tones of stuff that never was used, but left the protype stage and would have inevitably been used if the war had not been so abruptly ended, such as the Type 4 rifle, Type 4 Rocket launcher, Chi Nu etc. Hell, even the Americans had guns that were accepted for production and were absolutely going to be used on the mainland but never got the chance to like the T20E2 Garand. Should we also completely quarantine those off to the prototype BR as well? Furthermore, what about “Prototypes” that we have concrete evidence that were used like the Type Hei, Ko and Otsu rifle, as well as the Type 2 SMG? As much as OP would like to draw a solid line in the sand, the reality of this topic is a lot more complex than what he proposes. This is also complicated by the upcoming merge and how that intends to mitigated the player base splitting above all else.

3 Likes

I agree that Japan is a more difficult case, and I am not realistically advocating for full removal of paper weapons.

However, in the case of Berlin it seems to be logical: AS and STG 45 are pretty much top BR weapons, so it would make sense that they would be on the highest BR, and together with those we can add Fedorov, STG-44 and RPD, leaving the max-1 BR for normal Berlin experience.

We don’t need another repeat of Heroes and Generals.