Add the F4U-1C Corsair

The Vought F4U-1C Corsair should be the BR5 aircraft for the Allies and it should be armed with 20mm Hispano cannons.

The prototype F4U-1C, appeared in August 1943 and was based on an F4U-1. A total of 200 of this variant were built from July to November 1944; all were based on the F4U-1D and were built in parallel with that variant. Intended for ground-attack as well as fighter missions, the F4U-1C was similar to the F4U-1D but its six machine guns were replaced by four 20 mm (0.79 in) [AN/M2 cannons] with 231 rounds of ammunition per gun.The F4U-1C was introduced to combat during 1945, most notably in the Okinawa campaign. The firepower of 20 mm was highly appreciated. It was believed that the 20 mm cannon was more effective for all types of combat work than the .50 caliber machine gun.

What would be even better would be if you let us choose whether we wanted 4x20mm Hispanos or 6xMa Deuces.

oh boy do i have some good news for you

4 Likes

??? Do tell

Is that not the one called AP-4C, in tree?

Edit my bad, should of looked at the guns, DOH

3 Likes

No. The AP-4 was designed by Seversky. The F4U was designed by Vought. They’re entirely different craft

1 Like

where the ones you want the ones in the TV show, baa baa black sheep?

Well…as I’m looking at it, it looks like they got this all crossed up. (I don’t have the AP-4C unlocked in game) but they have screwed it up. They have it model3d essentially an F4U-1C, but the AP-4C was a prototype of the P-43 Lancer, not the F-4 Corsair.

Wth?!?!?!

Those would be the D. Those were equipped with 6 M2s rather than the Hispanos, they were heavier to withstand carrier landings, and were generally less performant than the land-based Cs that were used for fighter-bombers in Europe

1 Like

Thank you.

Come on spill your guts, tell us :stuck_out_tongue:

No,no. You’re right. That model is definitely an F4U-1C. They have it misbadged as a Seversky/Republic AP-4 (P-43 Lancer)

1 Like

There are several planes in the game whose names were changed just to save Dark Flow/Gaijin money, lol.
I am surprised you haven’t noticed until now.

1 Like

I frankly hadn’t paid much attention to the aircraft that I hadn’t unlocked. I’ve been rocking a Lightning through the entire game and haven’t spent any time at all working towards vehicles.

I just noticed that there was no F4U hanging out there in the tree and thought that was something of a travesty.

But I guess it’s there…misbadged as a Lancer prototype lol

1 Like

But it doesn’t have the Hispanos, so technically its not the one you wished for :stuck_out_tongue:

It has Hispanos. Hispanos are the 20mm AN/M2

1 Like

So wait…what in the world would be out there as the BR V craft if the Corsair is BR IV (I’m about to look)

The Corsair had an 11:1 kill ratio during the war.

Ah my bad, i get totally crossed up myself, i have no idea on models of weapons/tanks/planes etc etc,
i just fly em, shoot em, and kill em,

they don’t have the liscence from nothrump-grumman to use the actual name

2 Likes

Oh, God no. No,no,no. The Thunderbolt!!! The THUNDERBOLT is the top tier Allied plane???

…I give up

1 Like

That does not mean that it was the most advanced plane of WW2. The current BR5 plane for USA is the P-47 fighter bomber with additional bomb compared to the Corsair.

Also P-47 is an attacker while the Corsair is a fighter.

1 Like

@DragonSlayer661
haha didn’t want to spoil when i seen you were looking it up

i still need silver, before i can get it myself, is researched, but why bother when you have 2x p-47 lol

PS not that i use 2x P 47.