Add historical uniform for Japanese naval paratroopers

Recently, uniform of “Rikusentai Paratroopers” have ARMY’s star emblem instead of they are NAVY unit.

Screenshot of IJN paratroopers in game. Look at hat and you can find the Army’s star easily.

Therefore, I suggest to replace uniform to historical naval paratroopers’ uniform.
Roughly, problem is helmet and missing shoulder patch.

Photo of Yokoska 1st SNLF’s paratrooper
Online archive of the photo album of Yokosuka 1st SNLF’s paratrooper

On the head they wears “鉄兜特型 / Steel helmet special” with Navy’s symbol, Anchor & Sakura (Do NOT use army’s star!!) Sometimes they attached camouflage net.

IJN's anchor & sakura emblem

Bottom of anchor is slightly different to modern JMSDF’s one.

Uniform was “降下服/descend suits” for paratroopers.
On shoulder there were patch of IJN paratrooper’s emblem. (Anchor & parachute)
Gloves is “航空夏手袋 / air service summer glove” which is same as airmans.
They wear ammunition belt across the body. Ammunition belt has 17 pockets and they stored rifle cartridge clips or machine gun ammo.
They equipped two bayonets: Type 30 bayonet (for Type 38 carbine) and Type 2 bayonet (short bayonet). Because of it, they had two sword scabbard on waist.
Parachute was “一式落下傘 / Type 1 parachute”. In photos and illustration it isn’t exist, but since October 1941 they equipped auxiliary parachute on front of chest at the training.
Shoes was “降下靴/descend shoes”. It was black leather long lace-up shoes, and tied races inside. Commander’s illustration is good to see it.
Also, after they become ground force, sometimes they change shoes to Jika-tabi (wikipedia), a shoes based upon Japanese traditional style one.

Illustration of Yokosuka 1st SNLF’s sargent.

Illustration of Lt. commander Horiuchi, Yokosuka 1st SNLF.

26 Likes

At least they’ve fixed clipping issues with both soldier and officer hats for japanese, was rather bad before.
I would say event riflemen with long Type 99s need changing more - wearing two hats on top of each other, what’s this TF2 nonsense?

They look way cooler

Wait they have paratroopers in game? Where I can’t seem to find them on the list.

all paratroopers in this game are either premium or event paratroopers. so if you havent bought them or earned them in event, you wont find them.

yes

part of the first event of paratroopers:

for the moment, you cannot obtain them. but in the future it will be possible either through lootboxes as briefly mentioned by a developer, or through other events, just more challenging and hard to obtain than the first time. ( also said by others developers and helpers )

gotta see what they will actually do. and only time can tell.

Ok thanks for letting me know. I started playing this game on the middle of the month of November 2023 so I probably missed a lot of things.

If they were given their patches

1 Like