AA 40

60-90?

40?

21 Likes

Disgusting
I want it
IMG_2169

6 Likes

All of these modifications were not standard during WW2. However, the last one is a field-mod and could make for a neat gold order weapon. For the tech tree, the allies should receive the Lewis gun.

16 Likes

Iā€™d rather have the Stinger

7 Likes

Sure, Iā€™d be down, just as a gold order or event weapon. The Lewis is important because it would patch a gap in the tech tree. The allies do not have machine guns with medium-capacity magazines.

6 Likes

Was looking for some info on bigger magazine BAR mags - looks like you ended my search

4 Likes

1 Like

This screenshot means nothing to me

Ainā€™t the Bren guns got 25 rounders?

This is the Stinger in the files.

2 Likes

Cool! Is it in the tech tree? Cause I want it in the TT. Or GO or whatever. It being ā€œin the filesā€ helps no one but modders

There were a few BARs modified for anti-aircraft use and for defensive airship mounts before the second world war (and never saw use in WW2). However, the last image is of a WW2 field modification, here is a larger image:

Little is known about the prevalence of such modifications, this image is the only proof I have seen of it yet. Luckily, some guy on Reddit has provided details on the photo:

Taken from Bruce Canfieldā€™s book on American WWII Small Arms. The Marine in question is William Curtis of the 2nd Marine Division armed with his modified BAR. The modifications included the removal of the bipod and flash hider, slightly shortening the buttstock (not seen well in picture), and the most notable modification, two magazines brazed together for bigger capacity.

The Poles also modified their BARs into defensive aircraft machine guns fed by pan magazines.
(Wz. 37 mounted on a PZL.37 Łoś ā€œMooseā€ in a defensive position)

4 Likes

Itā€™s now a necessity for new gold order. It must be.

1 Like

30, which is unsatisfactory. The Soviets have the DP-27 with 47 rounds and Germans have the MG 34 with 50 rounds, while the allies donā€™t have anything comparable. They arenā€™t necessarily at a disadvantage, but it would just be a nice weapon to have. Always great to have some more British representation. As for the Japanese, they can get the Te-4 (feeds from a 69-round pan magazine) and/or the Type 92 7.7 mm (Japanese-made Lewis).

3 Likes

Very good idea.

The irony is this Polish Bar would likely go to the Germans

You already got the 1919a6

Just use a M1919A6? I mean at that poin the BAR is heavier than a MMG lmao

Are you the Anti-Greyparrots? Ye hate brits mate?

2 Likes

At present, there is not much difference between the US military and the BR2 submachine guns of Germany and Japan.
Considering the performance of the German and Japanese BR2 machine guns,
Adjusting M1919 to BR2 seems to balance the gameplay better.
I feel that the US military infantry weapons in BR2 are a bit weaker than those of Germany and Japan.