About Japanese assault rifles

I heard a rumor that the Japanese military will be adding something like an assault rifle, but does the Japanese military have something like that?
There is a record that Japan purchased six STG44s (MP44s) from Germany, so could that be it?

6 Likes

they had their own prototype pp type 2 for a shortened 6.5 x50 cartridge, namely for 6.5 x 30, I do not have a photo of this prototype, but there is a photo of the cartridge and it is very similar to the intermediate one

4 Likes

Would probably look something like this, assuming it’s mostly unchanged from the original:

Imgur

2 Likes

see this previous thread:

And: https://www.reddit.com/r/enlistedgame/comments/1c6smyy/type_2a_1934_for_japan_br_v_assaulter/

Thats clearly not a real picture and a really bad photoshop of a cropped together 6.5 arisaka cartridge

No it wouldnt. 8×22mm nambu is 8mm shorter than 6.5×30mm Type 95. So yes the magazine would be a little wider but not that wide.

Would be a good weaponnfor a premium assaulter squad. But i want the Type 2 SMG chambered in the experimental 6.5×30mm Type 95 intermidiate cartridge. Sources say they had different magazines for the weapon all the way from 20 to 35 capacity. Truly the closest thing Japan made to the definition of an assault rifle.

The 22mm in 8x22mm nambu is the length of just the casing itself. The overall 6.5x30mm cartridge is probably a good deal longer than just 8mm because I assume the bullet itself, not just the casing, would be longer as well. But yeah, my scuffed photoshop job is probably pretty innaccurate.

1 Like